Monday, April 25, 2005

Interview with the Last Comic Standing



Before I left for Morocco, I got a chance to meet with the Alonzo Bodden. For those of you who don't know Alonzo was the winner of the Last Comic Standing TV show. Standing at six feet Mr. Bodden is very physically intimidating, but at the same time he was very nice once you get approach him.

How many years have you been doing Stand-up?
12 YEARS AS OF JANUARY.

How did you find out that Last Comic Standing got cancelled?
We taped the last show on Tuesday and they called Wednesday morning. It was funny because there was threat of cancellation after the 3rd or 4th week. No one expected them to just cancel he last episode.

Do you have a development deal with NBC in the works and if so what's it about?
NBC has a holding deal on me until august. Basically I can't do any other shows without their permission until then and they could use me for a pilot but they haven't yet guess I'm not the Law and Order type.

Who are your influences?
BILL COSBY, GEORGE CARLIN, ROBIN HARRIS, GEORGE WALLACE, STEVEN WRIGHT, CHRIS ROCK, DAVE CHAPELLE.

What is the question that most interviewers ask you that gets on your nerves?
Would you do my blog, no seriously it would probably be the questions abut why NBC pulled the show, since I don't really know. I don't even know who's decision it was, they don't explain anything to us. They're just unnamed network suits.

If you get a chance to ever see him perform please make sure you do.

No comments: