Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I'm back.

Happy New Year people. You know how everyone has a New Year’s Resolution? Well my NYR is to start this blog up again. Yes I know I’ve made my share of excuses but this year is different. Why is this year different? Gald you asked. Well for one it’s an election year so I will have plenty to bitch about. Also I am married so you know a brotha will need to vent from time to time.

Would you believe that my wife and my shrink have just discovered my blog? But I am not going to let that censor me in any way shape or form. So let’s get right to it.
OBAMA!!!!!!.....Lost. Because Hillary cried. Who knew tears could win you a primary. It’s funny how Obama’s campaign revolves around change and now all of a sudden Hillary’s campaign revolves around change. In a werid way this reminds me of the early days of rock-n-roll in where the black artists would have their songs covered by white artists. So now Hillary has found her voice, a cracked one at that.

Can I be honest with y’all? I don’t know if I am ready for a black president or a woman president. There’s a selfish part of me that wants John Edwards to be president, maybe cause his wife doesn’t really have that much time left to live and by the inauguration he’ll be our first single president since Grover Cleveland (I had to look that one up). Imagine, John Edwards single in the White House? You just know Britney will find her way over there to comfort Johnny boy. But seriously folks…..I’m voting for Obama even if I have to write him in. So just in case Obama wins the whole thing, here are some tips for us black folk. Yes I know it’s too early to do this, but I don’t care.

Things BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD NOT DO when Obama becomes President:

  • Do not gloat. White people voted for him too.
  • Don’t quit your jobs. There will not be any reparations
  • Do not start naming your kids Barack or Obama unless you plan on sending them to Harvard.
  • Do not expect Michael Vick to get a presidential pardon.
  • Do not expect the national anthem to change. Hip-Hop has come far but not that far.
  • Do not expect Oprah to be Vice President. The best she’ll get is a cabinet post.
  • Do not expect Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to shut the fuck up. That one was more for the white folks but you get my drift.

This country needs change. The question is are we ready for it?

4 comments:

LeesMyth said...

You're back in fine form! Happy new year, and keep up the good work.

Nominal Me said...

Nice to see the blog is up and running again.

Anonymous said...

So you're back.....whoooopieeeee....U still have nothing interesting to say....Rev Al Rulezzzz.....

Hostess said...

Hey now!