Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Why do I do it?

My shrink asked me the other day. "What are you trying to do with this blog thing?" "Where do you see it going?" At the time, for the life of me I couldn't answer him. A part of me wanted to say that I'm doing this as a release and as a way to have some fun. Also I see this blog as part of a bigger picture. My long term goal is actually to be a real legitimate writer who gets paid to do this kind of shit. Hell if the staff of Don Diva can have jobs why can't I.

Hell I plan on submitting something to them some time in the near future. Ya gotta start somewhere.

After taking some time and doing some soul searching I have an answer for my shrink and myself. I'm doing this because, I want to be heard. I feel that the words I write will change things, whether to change someone's mood from sad to happy or to show someone a different way of looking at things. I think my perspective is unique and worthy of attention. So that's why I'm doing this. Now for some ranting.

My favorite Brit Chris Hitchens make the mistake of writing the following statement in reference to Barack Obama's race: "What are we trying to "get over" here? We are trying to get over the hideous legacy of slavery and segregation. But Mr. Obama is not a part of this legacy. His father was a citizen of Kenya, an independent African country, and his mother was a "white" American. He is as distant from the real "plantation" as I am. How -- unless one thinks obsessively about color while affecting not to do so -- does this make him "black"? -Wall Street Journal 1-18-08

It is quite pathetic that Mr. Hitchens doesn't understand that he benefits from the wretched legacy that his own country has perpetuated. To put it simply you are part of the legacy sir. And if my history is correct Mr. Obama's father grew up in Kenya which was a British colony up until 1957. So for you to say that Barack Obama is not apart of the legacy is quite ignorant. In fact Barack Obama is as close as you can get to that legacy based on the simple fact that his father was a British subject.

Here's one of my favorite quotes from Mr. Hitchens: "Isn't there something pathetic and embarrassing about this emphasis on shade? And why is a man with a white mother considered to be "black," anyway?" -Slate 1-07-08

When I read that line I actually laughed to myself. Obviously this man doesn't "get it". So Mr. Hitchens by any chance if you are reading this, I would like to recomend that you find a willing black woman that will have sex with you, and make a child with her. And then try to convince society that you have a white child and we'll see how much luck you'll have with that.

Cheers mate.

1 comment:

LeesMyth said...

When I told my dad that I was taking a trapeze class this past spring, he immediately wanted to know where I was going with that. For the trapeze class, the answer was simple: It's just for fun. It's just a class. I'd seen the place for years when rollerblading, and was always curious about it. It sounded challenging and exciting and cool. (And it was.) But the bigger question is: Why does it have to "go" anywhere? Why does there have to be a larger agenda? If you enjoy writing your blog, what more reason do you need?

For what it's worth, my friends suggested I should have told my dad I was going to run away and join the circus.