Friday, November 05, 2004

Friday Cinema

To cheer myself up I went to the movies this week and I saw two interesting movies, Saw and The Incredibles.



SAW
Saw is a combination of Seven and Silence of the Lambs. The only thing is though it really isn't. Forget what the critics say. The only thing this movie has in common with Seven is that both movies were graphic. This movie is a simple murder mystery. At times it was very suspenseful and you can best bet there are plenty of few plot twists. But if you are really smart you will be able to know who the killer is before he reveals himself. It really wasn't that much of a shock to me. Cary Elwes over acts and Danny Glover talents are under used. I think Mr. Glover just needed to pick up a check for this one. Cary Elwes looks like he's gained a bunch of weight. Yes this is an entertaining movie but don't fall into the hype.



The Incredibles
I first saw the premise for this movie about 2 years ago and I've been looking forward to it ever since. I've never seen any Pixar movie in the theater because I hate screaming kids. But last night I had the chance to go to a midnight showing in the city and I got to see it without any brats running up and down the isle causing havoc. This movie is incredible (I know you SAW that coming a mile away).