Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Hip Hop Wednesday 12-29-04

Over 30 and still relevant


DeLaSoul are over 30 years old. Can you believe they are 30 years old and still making hip hop?

Big ups to Panama Jackson for hitting the nail on the head.

I am over 30 and I still listen to hip hop. I always thought I would be more into jazz as I got older cause that's what I thought grown folks did. But turns out that is not the case. Granted I am disappointed by the state of the music but I still find myself looking for the artists that I can relate to. No one thirty years old is going to relate to Chingy and if you do there's something wrong with you. But if you're listening to artists like Mos Def or The Roots there's something you can still appreciate about hip hop. I use those two as prime examples but there are countless others out there who are still keeping the Spirit of 88' alive.

1 comment:

Nominal Me said...

It's just me, myself, and I...