Tuesday, June 14, 2005

America's God

I thought OJ was a fluke. Then came the Kobe Bryant case (I still can't believe that it didn't even go to trial) and after that Robert Blake. Then came the BIG ONE. Michael Jackson.

For over 10 years there were rumors of child molestation. And he even had to pay one kid off back in the late 90's. But this trial was supposed to be different. The result. NOT GUILTY.

I am the owner of several Michael Jackson albums and I do like his music. But I hate what he's been reduced to over the years. Make no mistake he is probably one of the most talented entertainers ever. Do I think he molested this kid? No, not this kid. But I do think something happened with another kid at some other time? Yeah probably but we will never hear about that. Which leads me to my point.

America's God is money. It's just that simple. We talk a lot in this country, ya know what I mean. RIGHTS, JUSTICE, FAIRNESS, EQUALITY, blah blah blah. All of it is just talk folks. Money is the only thing that gets things done around here. If you are a male with enough money (and a little bit of fame) you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT. Anything? Ya mean I can kill somebody? Yes you can kill somebody. You mean I can sleep with little boys? Yes you can sleep with little boys.

Is it that simple? What about the law? What about justice? Sorry folks it's just talk.

What if instead of marching and hollarin black people POOLED their money together in an effort to obtain some kind of communal WEALTH? We (as a people) probably would be a little more ahead hmmmmmmmm. We were too busy fighting for CIVIL RIGHTS and we failed to see the big picture. We were too busy fighting the law to see that the law can be BOUGHT and SOLD for the right price. The law is not the answer, money is.
It's very upsetting to learn this simple rule so late in life. I should have kept up with those piano lessons my mom made me take or maybe learn to sing and dance or maybe play ball. Yes granted I would have to deal with being a commodity but at least I would be above the law.

Just remember folks next time you hear some guy on TV yellin about justice or some guy yelling about morality and religion. Just remember that America's God is money and the number one thing we love selling in this country is BULLSHIT.

6 comments:

Nominal Me said...

Is racism less of a factor in America than money now?

Perhaps this is the final nail in the coffin for racism in this country. If not, OJ, Kobe, and (sorta) Michael's money would not have saved them.

Unknown said...

Racism will always exist in this world.

Having money doesn't make a black person less immune to racism, please don't get it twisted.

Having money just means you can afford to get away with the same sjit that white people have been getting away with for years.

And the messed up part is you have to be a male and a millionare to actually be able to afford justice.

Nominal Me said...

"Having money just means you can afford to get away with the same sjit that white people have been getting away with for years."

Then money is greater than race? It seems that it does, in the legal system at least, overcome racial bias.

Isn't this good thing?

Unknown said...

No it's not a good thing, when you look at the big picture.

I don't think you get my point.

So I will repeat myself.

Point 1:
Not everyone (black and white included) can afford the same kind of legal representation famous people can afford and even then you can still end up in jail (ie Martha Stewart).

Point 2:
We talk a big game in this country about how every American is entitled to a fair and decent trial. But the reality is something totally different.

It's hypocritical rhetoric.

Nia said...

Yes money is to blame for this. It was the love of money that made that white chick say Kobe raped her. And it did go to trial, however she dropped the criminal case to devote her full attention to the civil MONEY case. It was the love of money that made the mother of this child even send her child to Never Land knowing MJ's history. (I am willing to bet a civil case will follow.) As for OJ...I got no words on that...yeah, he did it!

Don Tate II said...

something tells me he doesn't have much money anymore. So he better stop sleeping...with anybody for that matter.