Wednesday, September 21, 2005

New Beginnings

I spent most of the summer reflecting on what to do next. During that time I really didn't write a lot because I was either distracted or looking for a job.
The good news is that I am no longer unemployed. I was just recently hired by another financial institution. The job is more responsibility and more money. I want to thank all my friends and the people who have stopped in here to read my sporadic ramblings.

My new job requires that I wear a suit. This is very huge for me because I never thought in a million years I would be one of those guys people see on the train. You know what I'm talking about. The guy in the suit and briefcase he looks like he's got it all figured out. He looks like he makes a ton of money. The truth is. Just cause a guy wears a suit to work and carries a briefcase doesn't mean he's got it all figured out.

Losing my job was one of the most challenging things I ever had to go through and I would not have made it if it wasn't for God, my beautiful girlfriend (Professor Angry) and my family. And when I say family I'm including my friends cause I love them just as much as I would a family member. This was truly a test of a man and I'm happy to say that I pasted the test. For the first time in my life I feel like a man.

Thank you all for indulging me and please stay tuned.

12 comments:

Nominal Me said...

Yeah booooyyyyyyeeeeeeeee!!!!

Nia said...

I'm glad you got back on your feet my dear. I look forward to disagreeing with you on comments in the future. ;-) Congrats.

The Humanity Critic said...

Congrats on the new gig.

Anonymous said...

So when are you taking us out for deinks Mr. Snapple Bottle.......

Anonymous said...

Oops DRINKS!!! you're paying of course....

The Marigold Trail said...

glad to see you back and doing well! I wondered where you had disappeared to. You know, if you start feeling like a chump in a suit, wear something naughty underneath. It always worked for me! ;)

Anonymous said...

Snapple never pays for drinks...

Anonymous said...

...you may not have it all figured out (none of us do), but you sure look great in the suit!!!

Professor Angry

Anonymous said...

victor-san, congrats!!! so happy about this. you are gonna rock this gig for sure!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that when you lost your job I would come to your site to see how you were doing and was kinda disappointed when I saw that you didn't post. I almost didn't understand why because I figured you were near the computer when looking for a job.

But back in July, I plus others found that a contract we were working on came to an abrupt end and then a dominoe effect happened in my life where other things started to go astray. I found it was a full time job looking for a full time job and after doing all of that, I didn't feel like blogging either. That's when I thought of you again and realized situations like that can take a lot out of you!

Now I've got a better job than I had before but I always think about how you never know what someone is going through until you are in their shoes.

Congratulations on the job! And the suit? Everyone knows most brothas look goooood in a suit so you are mad str8! :-) ~ Ms. Blaize

Anonymous said...

Congrats MAN!!!!! Welcome back!!!! I look forward to reading you and your comments on my page!

Blah Blah Blah said...

Congratulations...been randomly sneaking in and out of your spot (blog)...
For some reason I always end up with a "suit"...it's true...they don't all have it figured out...but they sure as hell look good! lol
Good luck