Friday, February 10, 2006

Black History Month 2006

Yes it's that time of year again so before I get into the race ranting I want to open up this post with a quote from my frat brother Carter G. Woodson.

"If you can control a man's thinking, you don't have to worry about his actions. If you can determine what a man thinks you do not have worry about what he will do. If you can make a man believe that he is inferior, you don't have to compel him to seek an inferior status, he will do so without being told and if you can make a man believe that he is justly an outcast, you don't have to order him to the back door, he will go to the back door on his own and if there is no back door, the very nature of the man will demand that you build one."

I guess that is the point behind Manderlay. But I'll get into that later.

Last year I really set the bar high for myself. So my intentions this year are to surpass my work and take it to another level, so let's get started shall we hmmm...

This month I want to hit on a few things that I didn't get to touch on last year.

Some of it is gonna be positive and some of it is gonna be down right ignant. So let the race ranting begin.

First off I want to get this off my chest. My history is not limited to one month out of the year. Black history is AMERICAN HISTORY. This country was built on the backs of black men and women. And I will be damned if my peoples sacrifices and contributions are not acknowledged YEAR ROUND. One month is not enough to talk about the accomplishments of black people in America.

A black man by the name of Carter G. Woodson invented this tradition. But I want my white brothers and sisters to not get it twisted. Just cause we keep this tradition alive doesn't let you off the hook the other 337 days out of the year.

Black history didn't start with Martin Luther King. As great as he was, his legacy stands on the backs of dozens of leaders who came before him.

That being said, as my fellow blogger Panama G. Jackson would say let the Stoned Soul Picnic begin.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Nominal Me said...

Thank you for peanut butter!

Nominal Me said...

I guess blacks have no history...this blog has been dead.