Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Real Talk

"Real Talk" is a common term used nowadays to underline how serious a person is. Sen. Obama's speech yesterday is a perfect example of "Real Talk". He did an outstanding job of outlining the problem on both sides of the issue.

In hearing and reading over Obama's speech I realized that he does love this country with a passion. I love this country but I don't think I would be able to do what he did yesterday. I would rather give up and tell everyone to go to hell if I was put in that position. Obama showed me that he is willing to stand up for himself and what he believes in and speak from the heart. He faced the issue head on. It was one of the bravest things I've seen a politican do in recent memory.

But was it good enough? The analysis following his speech has been pretty mixed. In my humble opinion it was good enough for the people that actually understand the issue of race in America and, the people who are trying to understand the issue of race. But it was not good enough for those looking for him to apologize for (and denounce) Jeremiah Wright for his sermons. And may I say frankly,

HOW DARE YOU?

How dare you pundits ask this man to renounce his pastor. How dare you (network news media) reduce Rev. Wright's 30+ year career to a bunch of sound bites. How dare you insult Sen. Obama's intelligence by assuming that just because he goes to a church that has a pastor who has radical views that in some way would mean that Sen. Obama would share those views as well? Never in the history of this country has a candidate been under that kind of scrutiny to the point in where his character is in question because of the kind of church he goes to.

Where was this outrage when G.W. was kissing the ass of the racist religious right?

Let it be known I am not a Christian. So please don't think I'm going to go on some religious rant here. I just think that Obama has spent too much time jumping through hoops.

First they said he wasn't black enough. Then they started rumors that he was Muslim. Then Hillary said the media was taking it too easy on him. And all of sudden we are lead to believe that Obama is now TOO BLACK? And ya know what pisses me off the most? When it is all said and done. Some pundit will say "Well ya know the President of United States is just a FIGUREHEAD for the government."

Where you at Andrew Young? Say sumthin. SAY SUMTHIN NUKKA! Is he BLACK ENOUGH FOR YOU NOW MUTHAFCUKA! WELL IS HE? SAY SUMTHIN!

Sorry I got a little flustered there. I just took my meds so I should be alright throughout the duration of this post.

Where was I? Oh yea HOW DARE YOU? When I say "YOU" I mean the pundits who have disected his speech and have learned NOTHING FROM IT.

"The fact that so many people are surprised to hear that anger in some of Reverend Wright's sermons simply reminds us of the old truism that the most segregated hour in American life occurs on Sunday morning."

What part of that don't you people understand?

Like many other bloggers out there I took the liberty of posting Sen. Obama's speech below. It clocks in at 37:10 minutes if you have the time listen to it and judge for yourself.

I love this country but I think Chris Rock said it best when talking about Black people's love/hate feelings for America when he said. "America is like the uncle who molested you as a child but paid for you to go to college."

Thank you and God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.