Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Don't Panic

Don't panic. That's what I told myself last night as I watched the primary results. "Just be calm. It's gonna be just fine." Because if I didn't I would have killed my TV.

It's frustrating watching all these people analyzing this process. If this was anyone else they would have dropped out by now. But Hillary Clinton is different. She just keeps on going. History may remember her as the woman who nagged her way into the White House. It's the classic strategy. Just keep talking no matter what. Just keep going.

Obama can't attack her because it will look bad. But he can ask questions. For example, why haven't you made your tax returns available?

Here's the reality. Neither Obama or Clinton will get the pledged delegates needed get the 2025 needed for the nomination. Therefore
Superdelegates will decide.

What scares me, is that there is an outside chance they could overturn what the pledged delegates have already voted on and give the nomination to Hillary with the provision that she make Obama her VP. Scary huh? Here's another scenario. They decide that Obama gets the top spot on the ticket but Hillary has to be his VP.

How are they going to convince America they're buddies? It's a tough sell.

But it is better than the alternative. A Clinton/Obama ticket.

If Obama has an ounce of self-respect he will refuse to be Hillary's VP. The idea alone is something that makes me sick to my stomach. Let me make it perfectly clear. I do not hate Hillary Clinton. But I do hate the methods she is using to pursue the nomination. It's one thing to win fair square but it is another to resort to back door politics ala Superdelegates. That's the thing I have a tough time dealing with. It sends the wrong message to my fellow Democrats. How can this be the same party that railed against disenfranchisement in 2000 and be the same party that would strip Michigan and Florida of their delegates?

In the words of Bill Cosby's new book. COME ON PEOPLE!

If by some chance she ends up the nominee. I will probably either not vote or I will be voting McCain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LeesMyth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.