Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thug Fashion Rant.


This week I am making the conscious decision not to say ANYTHING about Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Instead of my usually drivel, I am going to talk about something that I've been dying get off my chest. Now what I'm about to rant about may be considered frivolous by many of you but to me this is a VERY SERIOUS issue. It is one of those things that I find to be the tipping point in what some might call hip hop culture. This thing that haunts me whenever I see it, isn’t chicken bones in the street, it isn’t stretch marks on women wearing tight clothes who have no business in them?

No my friends this thing is far worse than any of that. This thing is what I like to call THUG FASHION FLUBS.

If you live in the hood you should not wear anything to do with NASCAR.
If you live in the hood you should not be wearing anything that sparkles. Stop with the sparkly skulls. WHAT’S WITH THAT?? Thugs don’t sparkle.
If you live in the hood you should not wear ANYTHING THAT IS DAY GLO. That includes AIR FORCE ONES that are BRIGHT GREEN WITH NEON PINK SHOE LACES!

Now don’t get me wrong this is not a homophobic rant. This is more about IMAGE.

YOU CAN’T BE TOUGH AND SPARKLE AT THE SAME TIME!

Sorry but WHO ARE YOU SCARING WEARING THAT SH*T??

I thought keeping it hood was about resiliency in the face of the harsh reality of the urban experience. I thought keeping it hood was about toughness. HOW YOU GONNA BE TOUGH IN SOME PINK AIR FORCE ONES!

And WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT NASCAR JACKET. Do you even know what NASCAR STANDS FOR?? Why are you a walking BILLBOARD???

I’m sorry, maybe it’s my old age or maybe it’s just my GENERAL FASHION SENSE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.