Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Hip Hop Wednesday 6-1-05

It seems 50 Cent's empire is just getting bigger.

MTV was probably one of the first to break this story.

In my opinion it's not a bad move for both M.O.P. and Mobb Deep. The only potential problem I see happening is them going TOO mainstream to the point where the music suffers. For years M.O.P. and Mobb Deep have had critical underground success but it's never panned out financially.

And in all of this where does that leave Nas? For years Nas has had close ties to Mobb Deep. And in the past there have been harsh words between 50 and Nas. Some how I see a battle coming out of this. Hope it's good for business.

As far as M.O.P. goes I think they will definitely come out lovely with this deal. They came out on the short end of the stick when Jay and Dame split, I hope they can make some serious paper in the near future with G-Unit. I hope they can come out behind the shadow of G-Unit and make a name for themselves. Good luck boyz.

Here's a little hate on 50 Cent.

No comments: